Friday, September 10, 2010

Updates

Isabella and cousin Josephine


Well this has been a busy and quick summer! I haven't 'worked' since May 1st and I wouldn't change anything! I love being home...I love being with my girls all day. Well, most days..yes, some days I wish I had a job to escape to! Last week I started homeschooling Isabella and so far so good! She listens to me so well! May be odd to you that I say this, but she usually gives me quite a hard time and listens to every word of her dads. But not this time! It's odd to me that things have reversed, in relation to school. We're doing an art class together and here is an example of something she's learned so far..just thought you'd like to see an example of her drawerings. I thought it was cute. She's learned to look at an object or picture and mimic (as best as she can) what she sees. I drew a rough sketch of a bicycle (because thats the newest facination at our home) and she copied what she saw.




Ellie once she turned 2 on August 27th has hit her terrible 2's. Some days are great and she's very pleasant and listens really well and then the very next day she wakes from a nap and it's like she decided all the sudden to be in the worst mood possible! TODAY for example! She was great this morning..sweet as usual and then after nap time, miss angry came out to play! Temper tantrums, crying fits, you name it! I just want to pull my hair out some days! Isabella had her moments at this age, but never 'hit the terrible 2's'.


Ellie is also learning to converse quite well...some new words include, milkey (choco milk only), Pockey (pocket), and frickle (freckle)....it's quite cute when she says them. She loves to see 'big trucks' going down the road and 'ice keem trucks, kool bus!' It's very exciting when the school bus rides down the road. She will also tell you quite clearly when she's ready to go home from somewhere she doesn't want to be. ' Go (h)ome!' '(h)ome now!' Chris sometimes has to glance at me to see what she is saying...Isabella and I seem to pick up on it easier and faster. Or atleast Isabella says she does. 'She wants (this) mom....' 'She's saying (this)'...."ok Isabella!" :)


Oh Isabella learned to ride her bike, just in the last couple of weeks actually. Mamaw Joan made the 3 middle kids (isabella 6yrs, josephine, her cousin also 6, and Vincent, her cousin 5yrs) but, she offered them a $50 reward for the first person to learn to ride their bike. $40 for second place, and $30 for third. Within the first few days Isabella and Joey had it down! They were all riding this little 12-13'' bike made for 3 year olds...now though they are on the right size bikes. We even took our first bike trip (without pulling isabella in the cart) from Bass Island to Old Milford on the bike trail yesterday. She biked a total of 6 miles! There was a tad bit of complaining but overall she did awesome.

No comments: