Saturday, April 16, 2011

WOW..it's been a really long time since I've had time to blog! Months actually. Life has been busy around our household. I'm still learning to be a full time momma and manage all that that entails. Let me see if I can catch up with the last few months. I think the last time I posted was in December! Not quite as long ago as I thought, I actually forgot my login info and had to reset everything, pretty sad. We found out in November that we were expecting our 3rd child, a boy! So for the next couple of months after that I was feeling quite ill and tired ALL the time. In January I had to have my appendix removed, that came as quite a surprise and was not fun at all. Especially being pregnant! It made the weeks to follow quite hard. In January and February we (the kids and I) also battled lots of winter time illnesses. It seemed never ending at the time. Schooling Isabella is going ok. It has been a hard adjustment for me, schedule wise. I'm not the most organized person, especially time management wise. But thankfully first grade is really easy and only requires a couple hours a day of work, if that. We've really only been doing school a few days a week on average and are right on track to end in June. So the end is near, we are ready for a real break and summer fun! A couple weeks ago my dad had open heart surgery, it was something that seemed to happen fast, and it was something I wasn't ready for. Going into it I figured 'hey, people have these surgeries ALL the time! He will be fine and home and back to normal in NO time!' This however was not the case! After hours upon hours of waiting with my mom and aunts in the waiting room for his surgery to be over, we finally got to see him. Needless to say I was in shock. The last time I honestly saw someone in that much pain was seeing my grandmother in hospice dying of breast cancer. She was colorless and near lifeless. She moaned and moaned in pain. And here my dad was looking the same way! Only he wasn't dying! But he was colorless and in SO much pain. It's really hard to hear someone you love moan like that. And the nurses and doctors had the hardest time finding pain medication that worked for him. That first week after his surgery was a rough week for me. His pain didn't get better as the week went on, he may say it got worse. And towards the weeks end they had to do ANOTHER surgery to re-do his breastbone wires that be broke loose by coughing, due to the pneumonia infection he got right after surgery. So the pain started all over again the second week..only it was different this second week. It was better, his color was returning and the pain medication was finally working, slowly. Now almost 2 and a half weeks out he's finally almost ready to come home. I know it will be a while before he's 'back to normal' but, I'm ready to have my dad back now. God has taught me a lot in the last couple of weeks, more than He has in a couple months. When I saw my dad in such severe, unbearable pain-God very clearly said to me "I love you enough that I went thru a similar pain on the cross for you..". And that's all it really to start the process of breaking and softening my heart. For the longest time I've been asking myself and Him, how I am supposed to love Him, as my FATHER, if I can't see Him?! It's so hard for me! But, He is showing me slowly by showing me how much He loves me. How many times have I read the story of Jesus dying on the cross over the course of my life time and I'm just now getting the depth of love that it took!? Hopefully as life is starting to slow down as the school year is coming to an end I will find more time to write about our life. I'd like to be able to keep up with it more but, find it hard with all that life has for me right now.

No comments: