Friday, December 4, 2009

Updates

Christmas is nearing! 21 more days..I can't believe AGAIN, how quickly this year has flown by. Our children are growing so quickly..it's like you blink your eyes and time is just gone. I remember being young and wanting time to pass so quickly so I could experience all the things that come with growing up...college, falling in love, marriage..etc. Now I want time to stop!


The past few months have been busy. With Isabella starting school and adjusting to our new schedules. November and now into December has been off and on sickness. So far the girls between them have had 7 ear infections, bronchitis twice, and several falls on heads including one requiring a doctor visit (just yesterday!). Hopefully all that is out of their systems! Luckly Chris and I have remained healthy..


With Christmas looming around the corner we are busy this year....decorating and preparing. With Chris' sisters family we are doing a homemade Christmas this year. I may have already mentioned this so if I have, so sorry to repeat myself. I can't mention what it is that we are making for each of them but, we are pretty excited about it. If you know me you know I love arts and crafts so this has been right up my alley. It's just too bad I can't talk about it just yet. :D I'll fill you in after Christmas.


I rearranged our living room on Wednesday and set up our tree. My dad attached our tree base to a piece of plywood just in case little hands tried pulling on the tree..it's not going anywhere. Tonight Isabella and I are going to put on all the ornaments..and place all the decor throughout....from Thanksgiving on..it's my favorite time of year.


And now a delicious recipe for you...
Cheesy Mexican Chicken


6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 lb.), pounded to 1/4-inch-thickness
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
1/2 cup milk
1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
2 cups corn chips
4-1/2 cups cooked rice

PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Place chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish.
MIX soup, 1 cup of the cheese, milk and seasoning mix until well blended; spoon over chicken. Top with chips; cover.
BAKE 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with rice.

-courtesy of Kraftfoods.com

No comments: