Saturday, October 31, 2009

Friday

On Friday Sarah and I took Miss Ellie to the beach for a couple hours..she plays pretty well there. Hardly eats the sand at all :D, Chris and Isabella like the pool better and with her new skills she wants to be there all the time. She's getting better and better, swimming underwater for longer and longer distances. It's amazing what a few days can do. I came up to the condo around noon to fix lunch for everyone. It's nice being able to quietly yell outside for them to come eat. The pool is literally right off our porch. It's been a great location. After lunch Chris agreed to stay back with Ellie so she could take a nap. The rest of us headed back to the beach to build a castle. I ended up working on a 'scuplture' of a prego Sarah :D..she liked it. And the temperature change between that morning and lunch time was drastic. It was so hot yesterday afternoon. Papaw said these temperatures are abnormal for October..I think it's been nice. The odd thing has been that usually when we are her in the summer we head to the beach in the morning and then by early afternoon it is storming, everyday. So we head back inside for a break then go back out after the storm passes. This hasn't happened once so far! It's kinda thrown me, atleast, off. But October is a perfect month for vacationing here..cool mornings and nights..and warm afternoons. Sun all day.
Last night Mamaw and Papaw came over for dinner..it was a nice evening and end to the day. Papaw made us his famous ribs. If I haven't told you about my papaws cooking well forgive me! It's amazing..he is such a great cook. Isabella talks about his cooking all the time. So he brought us ribs, cole slaw, and baked beans. And to top it off...Key Lime Pie, home made. It was so good...after dinner, Isabella wanted to show off her swimming skills so we headed down to the pool. I think they liked that..
Ellie has definately been a challenge on this trip. Last night I was about at my wits end. She was up all night practically..and would not go back to sleep in her bed. So instead of letting everyone in the complex wake up with her screaming, I got up with her and sat on the couch. It was so frustrating. And I'm sure it has something to do with not being at home..not on the same schedule and not sleeping in her bed. But man, it's angering in the middle of the night. And to top it off she's a wild woman during the day. I already talked about the pool time with her. Constantly putting her face in the water and choking. Constantly wanting to jump off the side of the pool. It wears you out. And I have been thinking too maybe she's not sleeping too well at night because she's hungry. Because she also won't eat a decent meal at any time during the day. On one hand you don't want to fight her because it's vacation and you want her to sleep. Then on the other hand she thinks its a game..that its funny to spit every bit of her food out. This is beyond frustrating for me. I usually say 'fine! if you don't want to eat then you can be hungry, this is what we are eating'. I think today though, after a sleepless night, I'll give in and buy her some ravioli which I know she will eat. Or atleast normally she does.
Ok enough about this time to enjoy the day!
More pictures: FLICKR

No comments: