Sunday, November 1, 2009

it's really taken a few days for me to adjust to vacation, to get used to being here, to settle in and relax. I have a hard time relaxing..I feel like I always need to be doing something. Plus with an active 2 kids its hard to relax anyway. So this hasn't really been the most relaxing vacation. Today was nice though. Ellie woke again last night at 2 am screaming..we have had enough so we decided to let her cry it out and not get her out of bed..she cried for 45 minutes and finally went to sleep. Thank goodness..then she didn't wake again until 630. My wake up call so to speak. My Father above has known I've wanted to wake early all week to get some pictures of the sunrise from the beach. So as soon as she woke up I grabbed my camera bag and ran out the door..leaving her with daddy. I'm glad I did too..it was an uplifting time. I've always liked taking pictures anyway..but, epecially of God's creation..and with a sunrise/sunset..I personally am just reminded of that and of his magnificance. The seagulls and pelicans were out feeding on the fish so they were swarming the water and I got some great shots of them in the sunrise. The tide was also way out this morning and it left some beautiful shells today..so I walked for a while enjoying the moments I had alone snapping some shots and picking up a few shells on the way.
More later..miss el needs my attention..

No comments: