Saturday, November 21, 2009

Birthday

Tuesday night the girls and I went to my parents house for an early 'Thanksgiving' dinner with some, new, close friends of ours that will be soon moving out of the country :(. It was a delicious meal followed by a wonderful dessert of pumpkin cheese cake! Oh wow was that good. It was almost the best part of the meal. I was also surpised when they had a small party for my bday. It was great to celebrate with Shimshon, Heather and Aynai-El before they leave us. I was showered with gifts, sewing accessories and storage, a new movie and my favorite from AE, a small weathered picture of her at Chuckie Cheese. It was a great evening.
On Wednesday we celebrated a bit early, my actual birthdate was on Thursday but, mine and Chris's weekend consists of Wed/Thurs....so we celebrated a day early because he and Isabella couldn't wait to give me my gifts! That morning I met my sister at the Gap Outlet for a morning of shopping...we love to go there, especially together. I love sister time and we love bargain shopping. My brother Ben and his little girl Hailey also came and then we met his wife Mollie, and Chris downtown for some delicious lunch at Chick-Fil-Eh. I love going downtown..it's fun to me. I could never live in a big city but I do love visiting them. After lunch and some shopping, we went home where Sarah made me my favorite cake, German Chocolate. We then quickly opened presents, its nice to have a couple little fingers helping you rip off the paper. The big gift was an Elna sewing machine. It's beautiful. I love to sew and have never had a new machine..they've always been older and you've had to tinker with them to get them working. This one is great...and the awsome thing is you can take the thinest piece of material and sew easily right thru it...and then just keep on going thru thicker and thicker material. It will go thru 6 layers of denim! So exciting..because I like to reupholster, I guess that's how you spell it. It also has this presser foot for making button holes, so great! I have always tried to avoid doing button holes but, not now! So that's what Chris was so excited to get me! I also got a bigger camera bag, much needed. And I was stocked up on some much needed painting supplies. Sister Sarah got me gift card to Hobby Lobby one of my other favorite places to go.
That night my dear friend, Katie came over and hung out with us for a bit. It was a lovely way to end the day. I was completely showered with loving gifts and feel completely loved and blessed..

3 comments:

Amy said...

Test!

Our Little Olive Branches said...

Sounds like a wonderful day Amy! Your sewing machine sounds wonderful. If you ever need upholstery practice, let me know, I have a few projects!

Amy said...

Amy I'd love to upholster for you! Send me an email if you are serious..It may have to wait till January..I have so many Christmas projects going on now...but sounds like fun :)