Saturday, December 19, 2009

2009 Christmas Party



One week ago today our small group at church had it's annual Christmas party. Katie, a close friend of mine, and the party planner, she and I decided to do a tacky Christmas sweater theme this year! And we made a contest out of it for best dressed..it was so fun! Even though there were only about 5 or 6 of us that took it seriously! A few days before the party Chris and I got started on our outfits. I think we were a bit overly excited about the challenge of finding the tackiest outfits. Infact when we arrived we felt a bit out of place, like the joke was on us! But fortunately Katie was a bit dressed up as were some new friends to the group. I was a bit surpised and instantly relieved that these new friends dressed up with us because this was their first time meeting everyone..

We had a great time eating dinner together and playing the white elephant gift exchange. We managed to rid of the motorized tie holder from last years exchange and came home with some cute Christmas decorations :D. Here are some pics of the night..



I borrowed my sweater from my mom, she used to wear it..and I don't think still does. And my lovely pleated skirt came from GoodWill, oh and the cute snowman socks? TJMaxx of course, love that store! And Chris' outfit...it was the best..the pretty red sweater and green cordourys came from GoodWill (we did pretty well there :D ) and his wooden clogs, did you notice those!? Borrowed from Great Gma-T.
Chris and I won 1st place! $15 to Starbucks, my favorite...

1 comment:

Our Little Olive Branches said...

What a HOOT- looks like you guys had fun! Merry Christmas!