Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rate My Space

I have the hardest time making decisions sometimes. Especially when it comes
to color for our house.. I want all my rooms to flow..I hate walking into a home and
all the colors flow until you get to that one room and its like bright yellow or something that completely clashes. Who wants that?
I've been wanting to paint our basement apartment for a long time..
and it's going on 4 years since we moved in (looks like it may be a few more).
I think its time to paint and make it more homey. I want a color that will blend in and be calming. We have one large window in our main space that lets in a lot of light. To help me decide I recently made an account on the Rate My Space website. I uploaded some pictures and made some comments on what I was looking for, or what I think I'm looking for..
So we'll see, hopefully I'll be getting some good suggestions. While I wait on comments from others..its really fun to look at what other people have done with their spaces.
It's so inspiring. Others always make it seem so easy to pick and choose what they want.
We have a nice collection of a lot of different styles it seems. Ive found to beautiful fabrics
for this room and both are so different. Can I use both?? Maybe I should add some
pictures of them to this site and see what others think.
What do you think? Click Here

2 comments:

Our Little Olive Branches said...

I love the rate my space board- lot's of fun. Will be fun to see what you end up with.

Some of my favorite neutral shades are

Eddie Bauer- Barley (Lowes)
Smoke Infusion- Valspar (Lowes)
Monroe Bisque- Benjamin Moore
(and tons of others! :)

Amy said...

thanks amy..ill check those colors out..are these colors in your house?