Friday, February 12, 2010

Updates

Well our household is healing slowly. After a week of strep, I've got an annoying case of bronchitis. I don't think I've ever had it this bad....the coughing is just aggrivating! Not to mention not being able to breathe. Chris is healing nicely. He started driving again earlier this week and is able to get his own pants on now :D. Last week I had to help him dress. I think he said he can now bend his knee at a 110 degree angle. His therapy is going well and he is slowly getting back to normal. Its amazing, he told me, how much you need your leg and when you don't have it, how hard it is to adjust.
Due to this wonderful snow storm we had this week Isabella only had 1 day of school! She loves that. We went outside and played a few times in the snow. Yesterday we built a snow bunny and some miniature snow men. On the back of the snow bunny we tried to add a 'bunny tail', its actually a large mixture of snow and ice somewhat formed into a ball-from plowing the driveway. We stuck it to he back of the bunny and it just looked like he had a hump back. So we decided it would be a backpack. On top of this back pack Isabella added 'baby bunny', a small mound of snow and ice with a carrot sticking out of it's head. After adding the baby bunny the combination of bunnies became Sarah and her baby :D. So cute I thought. Sarah, you should feel loved. As my Isabella is in love with you.
Speaking of Sarah, she delievered a baby boy, Avry Paxton on Tuesday. Mom, Dad and I drove up to Dayton during the big storm as quickly as we could, mom and I really wanted to be with her during her delivery. When we arrived at 1245 she had been pushing for about 15 minutes..we waited by Aaron's side as she pushed and pushed and screamed in pain until baby Avry finally came into this world. It was such an exciting, emotional moment. Not everyone understands why I wanted to be in the room and I can't really explain it. She is my sister, I love her, she's my best friend and it's just something special to share with her. Most think it's just a gross moment...but, it's not like I was standing there in front of her like I was watching a football game, cheering her on! Mom and I were beside her encouraging her and helping to keep her strong..and to take those first moment pictures...Such an exciting time. He's so beautiful.

I started quilting this week..or atleast trying. Chris' mom made us a pretty quilt when we were first married...she quilted a little throughout the quilt, to insure the back and filler were tacked together. I'm just continuing on the detailing...After this? I'm not sure..How do you choose a pattern to stitch? The one I'm doing is sort of an oval pattern. Ovals after ovals in diagonal lines. Do I continue this same pattern in the opposite direction? Lots of questions. I'm enjoying it, it's relaxing. Much like I think knitting would be. I just don't know how to knit.
Oh, and I don't want to forget to mention the great bed we got Ellie at Ikea. LOVE IKEA! It's an expandable toddler bed, it grows with them...it's really great. I love buying practical things that you know are going to be use for quite a while. And I love Ikea design and prices!

No comments: