Saturday, February 6, 2010

Well, I was sure right about the strep throat. She had it pretty bad. Poor thing. Ellie started getting it also later in the week AND I got it. I'll tell you what, the house seems to stop working when mom's not 'working'. To top it off my husband had (minor) knee surgery on Tuesday morning to clean up a re-injury. So he was and still is unable to do much more than sit and rest. Luckily it all worked out just fine though...as it always does. My sweet parents made us a lasagna and some chicken noodle soup 2 days in a row...what a blessing. I sure did not feel like cooking..
I found myself relying on the One above more and more this week. As I had little strength and energy to calm cranky sick children in the middle of the night AND remembering to retrieve the ice pack for my husband once an hour. And do you know how hard it is to remember a medicine schedule for 4 people?
Isabella and Ellie-antibiotics every morning and night.
Ellie-tylenol every 4hrs and motrin twice a night or every 6 hrs.
Chris-pain meds every 6 hours, on the hour! AND an anti-inflamatorys twice a day.
Amy-antibiotics twice a day + ibuprofen every 4.
May not sound like too much, but man that made my head hurt. My brain hurts now just thinking about how I kept track of it all feeling as bad as I did. It wasn't like everyone got their doses at the same time, we were all several hours off from eachother. BUT, I did everything because Christ strenthened me. Chris' mom asked me at one point when I gave someone their last dose and it took me about 5 minutes to answer...to say the least, I'm sure glad that week is almost over.
Chris is still hobbling around but is able to get small distances without his cane or crutch. His knee is still extremely swollen and painful. And, As I sit here and type to you I am gazing outside at the snow covered ground, so beautiful and calm. Can't wait to get home and play in it with the girls....

No comments: