Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Diet Day 1


If you know me you may be thinking I'm crazy for 'going on a diet'...but, this isn't actually a diet to loose weight, it's more of a diet change. To eat healthier and live better. It's been brought to my attention in the last few months that our (familys) eating habits have gone down hill. As life has gotten busier and we are out getting things done on the weekends, we are eating out more. Thus eating poorly. It's hard to eat healthy, it costs more! (if you buy organic or raw veggies instead of frozen). But, we're going to try harder, a week at a time.

I've also wanted for about a year now, to try a colon cleanse. At first I researched the pills you take to cleanse yourself but, I hate taking pills. Eventually I found a natural way of cleansing yourself with fruits and vegetables. Now you can go extreme and eat only fruits and vegetables or you can ease yourself into it, as I am doing. My husband is going extreme, its all or nothing he always says.


  • So basically what you do is increase your fresh fruits and vegetables. Obviously eating them raw is best, so you don't cook out the vitamins and minerals needed for your body.

  • You also increase your fiber content (with bran, cereal, muesli, and brown bread).

  • Reduce your meat intake by atleast half. I cut out all meat as I am not a huge meat eater to begin with. NO I'm a vegetarian and don't hate meat. Just not a big fan. Chickens ok..ground beef/turkey is ok. Steak? YUCK! But, I'm rabbit trailing....

  • Eat more salads with fat free or reduced fat dressings

  • Drink more juice, 100% juice that is. And increase your water intake as much as possible as it will help you flush out your system. Try to cut out carbonate beverages, coffee (hard for some I know!-I cheated this morning), dairy, team canned juice, and alcohol.

  • Soy and soy products can be used. I purchased for the first time this week a carton of soy..and it was actually quite tasty..I added some to my cereal this morning.

Some fruits that are great at cleansing your colon are papayas, mangos, pineapple and kiwi. Out of those I can have pineapple! Some of you also know, I'm allergic to most fruits so this diet is a little chalenging. Pineapple, apples, grapes, mandarin oranges, and strawberries in moderation are about all I can eat without having a reaction. So I will probably be adding more veggies than fruits.


Day 1


Breakfast-cream cheese muffin! (I know I cheated, I bought them on sale at Kroger forgetting for a minute about the diet change, I figured they needed to be eaten so they don't go bad!)
Snack-granola with almonds and dark chocolate topped with soy milk. Cashews and peanuts also to snack on.
Lunch-Large baked potato, I'm sure butter is not allowed, but, I will be adding a small amount of butter. Drink? Well I bought one of those Naked Juice drinks, you may have seen them in the stores. They are quite pricey at about $3.50 for 10oz but, I found some that were on clearance for $1.25...well I got two Green Machines and one Orange drink. Haven't tried the orange drink yet..but the Green Machine was a bit hard to get down. I think it was more the consistancy than the flavor because it didn't taste all that bad.
Dinner- Well I cheated on dinner to be honest. By the time I got home I was so hungry. I knew the girls wouldn't eat just veggies, Ellie especially. So I fixed them something to eat and popped a spaghetti squash into the oven for me. Well I had no idea the squash would take an hour to cook..my blood sugar was getting low, I was getting shakey..and my mood was getting worse so I scarfed down a peanut butter sandwich! Oh well..back on track tomorrow...


Some of the side effects of doing this diet are: fatigue, weakness, diharrea, body aches, headaches, bloating, bad breath, nausea and spurts of acne!
If you are interested yourself in doing this colon cleanse you can study up here. Well, until tomorrow! OH and if you are brave enough do a google search on colon cleansing and then look at the images, it's amazing what 'crap' literally lurks in your body!

No comments: