Monday, January 18, 2010

Updates

You may be wondering about the sleeping issues. They haven't gotten much better. Well maybe a tad..BUT! that's only because she's been sleeping soundly in our bed next to Chris. I get Isabella's bed and Isabella? She's on the couch still! She actually almost made it all night in her bed last night but, she had a nightmare and couldn't go back to sleep. Ellie was at that point, still sound asleep in her room so instead of waking her with Isabella's crys of not wanting to get back in bed, she slept on the couch. I think though given time, she will want to eventually sleep in her own bed. Ellie on the other hand, we just don't know. It's odd...when Isabella was little ( sorry, I may have already posted about this) she slept with us until she was about 6m due to my work schedule (had to be up at 330am). At 6m we decided it wasn't working well anymore (she was getting too big and wiggly) and she was finally sleeping all night, so we made the decision to get her into her own bed. It was rough but, only took a week. We did the Ferber Method and it worked great for her. After that week she slept great. Well I feel differently about it now with Ellie, if I had to work nights I could let Chris do it..then I wouldn't have to hear the crying. Last summer we did this method with her and it worked great. She was sleeping just fine until we went on vacation in October..and that seemed to screw things up. After that I started rocking her to sleep at night..I don't mind because I get to hold her for a bit longer and who doesn't love a cuddly sleepy baby on them? But, once she would fall asleep for atleast 30m I would put her in her crib and she'd sleep all night. No problems. Now we just don't know. There is no consistancy to her madness! She doesn't wake at the same time everynight. She doesn't sleep that well on me or beside me. Doesn't sleep on me in the lazy boy..didn't sleep well on the floor. Maybe we need to be more consistant. That's probably half the problem. I atleast and am just tired of fighting with it and just tired period, so I think I'm just basically doing anything to get her to sleep at all.

2 comments:

lbk79 said...

I'm praying for you! While I haven't been through your exact same situation, I certainly know how frustrating it is having sleep issues. Hang in there...you'll get it figured out!
Lindsey

Amy said...

eventually it will work itself out! Thanks Lindsey..