Friday, January 22, 2010

The orphans of Haiti have been on my mind a lot in the past week. Did you know that 40% of Port Au Prince's populations is children? Right there at the center of all the chaos..and now how many of those are orphaned? Starving..homeless..without parents and now at a high risk of disease and starvation. Yet on they nearby island of the Dominican Republic Americans and other tourists are vacationing and spending thousands... It's hard for me to stomach. It bothers me that I can't do more..
A friend recently posted on her blog about
Kids Against Hunger. Though I've never been to help package food..I now want to more than ever. For 2 hours of your time you can package food to be sent to Haiti, they are trying to get 300,000 meals packaged.
I also found thru this website I found this blog, the stories just break my heart...
A Child's Hope International.

No comments: