Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ellie 17 Months


It took a lot to get this little squirmy butt to sit still for a photo..this was the best I could get...
At 17m Ellie is 24lbs and nearly 31 inches tall. She can run, well sort of run, with tiny pudgy little legs you can only go so fast. She's also taken a great interest in Dora and various other Nick Jr. shows...she will even sit still for most of a 30m show. Which is amazing to me...
As you can see she has lots of teefs. 8 in the front and 4 molars..and I think I saw a couple more starting to show on the bottom. She enjoys using these teefs to bite big sis when she wants to pick her up and Ellie wants none of it. It's become her defense lately. Which isn't a good thing, but it's hard for Isabella to understand that Ellie doesn't always want to do what she wants her to do.
Ellie also enjoys playing in her room alone. Either with her kitchen set or her Little People doll house. She will disappear occasionally and thats where you find her in there quietly playing. Know what else she's done in her room for the past 2 nights. Sleep! That's right...I took her crib down the other day....it was a sad thing to me..admitting to myself that this little girl, possibly my last baby...is growing up. I just figured she wasn't sleeping in it and it was just taking up space in her tiny little room, so it came down. I placed the mattress in the corner of her room against two walls..and then layed floor pillows around the other sides. The first night she woke a few times not too sure of where she was...I eventually made a bed beside her and camped out in her room for the night (woke with a stiff neck!). Then last night she slept until 3 in the morning alone (and only woke from a pesty fever). When I left for work at 6 this morning dad was sound asleep beside her on the floor in her room. So hopefully tonight she will do just as well....we're pretty excited about this.
This month, Ellie's has started talking a lot more..and understanding more. She's also listening a lot better and understanding what 'no' means.

No comments: